MY BEST LIFE is a service for Barnsley and advisors working with people over 18 to connect them with local non-medical support.
SOCIAL PRESCRIBING is a similar service to My Best Life and focus' on the age group 14-18 years and their families.
Advisors can visit you at home or wherever you feel most comfortable and they will work with you to put together an action plan that can help with such as:
- improving mental wellbeing
- managing physical health and symptoms
- leading a healthier lifestyle
- improving your home environment
- getting involved in the local community
- maximising your income and access benefits
- help finding work, training and volunteering opportunities
- getting out and about
- loss of confidence/purpose
- poor health linked to housing or housing conditions
- life changing events such as birth, retirement, bereavement
Alison Kelly is our representative and is based at Sheffield Road Surgery. If you would like to be considered for referral to either service, please give Alison a call on 0345 122 0809 and she will ensure that these are passed on to the relevant advisor.